Sunday, May 9, 2010

The British Museum




I went to London, U.K. on January of 09 and visited The British Museum. This has to be the BEST museum I've ever been to. Not only was it established in 1753 and has the most prominent historical artifacts but it is huge!


I didn't know what I was getting myself into but as soon as you walk in and make a left to the Ancient Egyptian section, right there in front is the Rosetta Stone. This artifact that was instrumental in deciphering the Egyptain Hieroglyphic and language. These are artifacts that you only read in history textbooks. Needless to say everyone was towering over the glass trying to take pictures. I could barely take a picture but did catch a long glimpse of it.


The Greek and Roman Section had incredible artifacts with scupltures and surviving columns intact.


There is so much to see in The British Museum especially since the British have always conquered and explored territories that they were bound to collect and find these amazing artifacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment