Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tate Modern






Another great museum/ gallery to visit while you're in London, U.K. is the Tate Modern. Crossing the Millennium Bridge the Tate Gallery will be right at the end. This gallery is London's best gallery of British and internnational modern and contemporary art.The Tate is divided into four museums around the UK such as Tate Liverpool, Tate Modern, Tate St.Ives and the Tate Britain.
I visited the Tate Modern which had this spider image on the left side but inside the museum itself. The staff was really strict in not letting cameras or pictures be taken inside the museum but besides that it's a very contemporary modern museum that shows videos, paintings and sculptures.
A painting in which caught my attention and had me going again just to see it once more was this painting by Wangechi Mutu and the portrait's name You Were Always on my Mind. I've tried to find an image of this painting but it's not available.
The Tate Modern has a great gift shop that I went splurging on but besides that Tate Modern is a must GO while visiting London.

No comments:

Post a Comment